Is there a local government communication question keeping you up at night? This is your chance to tap into 25 + years of municipal communication expertise and get back to counting sheep.
What's the best way to engage my community?
- Meet people where they are
- Provide multiple ways for people to offer feedback
- Don’t ask for resident input if you’re not going to listen
- Communication is NOT public engagement
- It’s not always about broad based feedback
Can I use my seal as a logo?
For your logo, do not use your seal. Your logo should provide recognition and quick identification, so you’ll want something simpler and cleaner than your city seal. Many seals are difficult to replicate, especially on apparel and materials used in the community.
Looking for a more specific example? Check out how we tackled this issue in the City of Milton, GA.
Looking for more local government resources?
Check out the Slate Communications blog that addresses common interests and questions from local government professionals.