Business Development Coordinator
• On-site only
• Approximately 20 hrs/week
• Hourly base pay + commission
- Assists in the development of a strong pipeline of new clients and projects
- Performs research related to government-related business opportunities; presents relevant information to Executive Staff
- Coordinates the development of and accurately writes custom-tailored proposals as required by client or prospective client
- Schedules and/or facilitates strategy sessions with Creative and Client Services departments to clarify proposal subject matter, format, and deadlines
- Coordinates production of final proposals and ensures inclusion of all related documents and requirements
- Coordinates development and execution of Slate marketing efforts
- Coordinates all details associated with the Slate’s participation in and presence at industry conferences and tradeshows
- Contributes to and maintains proposal content database
- Manages client and potential client database
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to write, edit, and proofread
- Strong time management, organizational and prioritization skills
- Experience building and managing sales opportunity pipelines
- A track record of successful capture and sales; experience in the government field a plus
- High energy level and a proven record as a team player
- Highly proficient computer skills including email, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Requires a bachelor's degree in a related area
- 2-4 years of experience in the field or in a related area
Slate Communications is a boutique marketing and public relations firm that works primarily with local governments and public agencies. We believe that informed and engaged residents make for better communities; our job is to help government connect with the people they serve.
Slate is a growing company with clients across Colorado and beyond. We provide the complete suite of creative services from branding to graphic design, communications strategy to copywriting and event planning.
Based in Fort Collins, CO, Slate offers a creative, casual, and friendly work environment. We’re a team of hard working, fun loving, open-minded people who believe in what they do.